THE BEST HIKING T-SHIRT
Made to take you further in nature, we created the ultimate outdoor t-shirt. Ultralight with an airy-feeling, it regulates body temperature while keeping you dry. Our 100% Royal Alpaca Wool T-shirt is anti-bacterial and odour-resistant, which makes it perfect for multi-day use.
- Designed for hiking, trail running, climbing, traveling, yoga or backpacking
- Ideal for Spring & Summer
- Pairs well with a Zip Neck Base Layer in Winter & Fall
- 110g/m2 of 100% Royal Alpaca Wool
- Men's Medium T-Shirt Weight: 110 grams
- All-Purpose Crew Neck T-Shirt
- Casual activewear design
- Subtle fitted cut
- Fabric stretches for a natural fit
- Model: 6'0 (183 cm) / 175 lbs (80 kg)
- Chest: 39 in (99 cm)/ Waist: 32 in (81 cm)
- Model prefers fitted & wears a size medium
HIGHEST MOISTURE-WICKING T-SHIRT
- TEMPERATURE REGULATING
- HOLLOW CORE FIBRES are thermal and act as an internal A/C protecting your body from overheating
- DRY ALL DAY: alpaca fibres prevent moisture absorption and allow for fast drying
- HIGH UV-RESISTANCE
- HIGH SWEAT-WICKING
- LOW MOISTURE ABSORPTION
- ANTI-ODOUR AND HYGENIC
- ANTI BACTERIAL KERATIN
Alpaca clothing dries quickly and can be worn several times without washing. Alpaca fibres absorb a minimal amount of moisture, protecting you from bacteria and body-odour.
- SEMI-HOLLOW CORE FIBRES make alpaca fabric light and durable
- 18 to 18.5 MICRONS*
- NATURALLY SMOOTH SCALES are non-itchy and minimize felting
Light & anti-bacterial fabrics let you pack less weight and reuse your hygienic alpaca wool clothing with minimal washing.
*Microns define the diameter of the fibre: the softness. We use the finest Alpaca wool of 18 to 18.5 microns. Your alpaca wool feels soft next to skin.
MOST SUSTAINABLE T-SHIRT
Alpacas roam freely and happily in the highlands of Peru, where nature intended. Their farmers never harm or kill them for their wool. Alpacas live in their environment well, they have small footprints that do not damage the fields they graze on. When they eat, they cut the grass, promoting regrowth.
Alpaca fibres are naturally smooth, we never superwash! Superwashed wool is usually treated with harsh chemicals to remove natural scales. This process adds to contamination and may affect the fibre's performance. We leave our Alpaca's fibre as is, with no chemical alteration.
When wearing 100% Alpaca Wool, you can rest assure that your clothes are not contaminating while outdoors or when washing. We only use biodegradable Alpaca wool in our fabric, protecting our environment.
ROYAL ALPACA WOOL FLEECE
Alpacas are adapted to extreme environments and naturally developed a unique fibre structure. Found in the center of their fibre are hollow & semi-hollow spaces that insulate, while also being strong and light. The scales of alpaca fibres are smoother than those of wool. They help wick away moisture, while also having incredibly low moisture absorption.
Alpacas have been living in the Andean Mountains for millennia. They are found up to 15,700 feet (4,800 meters) high in the mountains. Here, the temperatures range widely, from very hot and strong sunny days to ice cold nights. Over the years, alpacas have adapted to these extreme conditions, developing a unique hollow core fibre, not common to other species. The local communities valued alpacas for their fibre and the Alpaca soon became part of the Andean culture.
Alpaca wool is the superior choice for the outdoors above merino wool, cotton, rayon, and recycled synthetics. Click here to learn how our alpaca clothing outperforms other fabrics:
WHERE WAS THIS T-SHIRT MADE?
- We only use 100% Andean Alpacas, roaming freely in the Andes as they have done for millennia.
- Contrary to industry norms, each step involved in our fabric process is carried out in Peru: our family home.
- From Peru, our clothes go straight to California or Amsterdam on its journey to you.
- Doing everything in Peru guarantees we know that the alpacas and the workers involved are being treated with respect.
- We have built direct relationships with our workers and frequently monitor their working conditions.
- We can fully trace our alpaca to the fields they roam in, and we visit them throughout the year.
- Using single source clothing lowers our global carbon footprint.
- Manufacturing in one country allows us to greatly reduce freight shipping and gives us improved traceability and transparency.
- Merino wool raw fibres are produced in Australia/New Zealand but are sent to be processed throughout Asia and Eastern Europe. Our entire process is carried out in one country: Peru.